What are Wareham’s Community Development Needs and Priorities?
This is an opportunity for residents to state what you
think that the Town should focus on in the years ahead
- Streets and sidewalk improvements - Are there streets and sidewalks that need improvements?
- Wareham Village and Onset Business Districts – should the Town invest in efforts to revitalize these business districts?
- Are there public buildings that are not accessible to all residents?
- Are there services that could improve the social and economic needs faced by lower income and disadvantaged residents?
- How should vacant and underutilized industrial and other properties be redeveloped?
- Are recreational programs and facilities adequate? If not, what changes or improvements are needed?
- Should the town pursue opportunities to improve local housing conditions?
- Should the town consider regional approaches to addressing community needs?
- What type of projects should Community Development Block Grant funds be targeted to in town?
Wareham residents are invited to a Community Development Strategy meeting to be held on Wednesday, January 31 at 6:30 PM at Town Hall, 54 Marion Road. This meeting is being held as the Town prepares its FY 2018 grant application to the MA Department of Housing and Community Development.
Join Town staff to discuss community needs and projects that you think should be priorities for Wareham. If you are unable to attend, the Town welcomes comments in writing. Written comments should be addressed to Peter Sanborn, Community and Economic Development Authority (CEDA). They can be submitted by email (address below), or mailed to or dropped of at the CEDA office.
The meeting location is accessible to persons with limited mobility. If you require language translation, an interpreter, or other special accommodation, please contact Peter Sanborn at CEDA at 508-291-3100, ext. 3173, or via email at email@example.com by January 29, 2018.
Your comments and views are important!.
|Community Development Strategy Meeting||97.77 KB|