09/18/2017 – Notice to Mariners
We are expecting a tropical weather event that will severely impact our coastline and boating community. Mariners are requested to secure their vessels with additional lines if on a dock or mooring or additional anchors if anchored or the preferred method is to HAUL your boat.
IF YOU ARE STAYING ON YOUR VESSEL…..
- File a Float Plan with the Wareham DNR
- Have a supply of food and water on your vessel
- Charge batteries in flashlights and portable VHF radios
- Check your bilge pumps and batteries
- Monitor VHF CH 09 + 16
- Check weather reports
- Charge your cell phone
- Have VDS (visual distress signals) on board
- Know your location in the event emergency crews need to get to you
In the event of emergency contact
Wareham Dispatch 508-295-1212
VHF CH 16