Tobacco Regulation changes for All Retailers; these regulations go into effect as of April 1, 2016:
- The minimum legal sales age for tobacco products is now 21.
- All sales of single cigars are now required to be a minimum of $2.50
- All sales of two or more packaged cigars will be a minimum of $5.00.
- All tobacco retailers are required to post cessation signs that are visible and placed in a conspicuous location.
- The distribution of free tobacco products and the redemption of coupons are now banned
- The sale of out of package tobacco products is now prohibited
- No sales within 500 feet of a school
- The fine for all smoking violations has been raised to $300.00
- The sale of blunt wraps is now prohibited
All tobacco retailers, with the exception of local smoke shops which are Brennan’s Smoke Shop, Phat Daddy’s, New England E-Cig, and Levant, are subject to the following regulations:
- The sale of all flavored nicotine products with the exception of mint, spearmint, and menthol is prohibited; this includes all e-cigarette juices.