TOWN OF WAREHAM
The cemetery clean-up for the Town of Wareham cemeteries will be abiding by the recently adopted Rules and Regulations.
According to the Town of Wareham’s Cemetery Rules and Regulations, Section 10.2, any object placed on a grave or on cemetery grounds which in the opinion of Management is deemed offensive, improper or detrimental to the general appearance and safety of the cemetery, may be removed without notice. Examples of such decorations are, but not limited to the following: borders, wind chimes, and large shepherd/witch’s hooks, decorative flags that are hung on metal support frames, glass items or stones.
The following are not permitted:
- Placement of items or plantings within the planting/decoration area higher than the monument,
- The planting of trees, shrubbery, vines, rose bushes or other growing perennial boundaries,
- The use of fencing or edging around planting beds or use of artificial turf
- Stones and mulch used as groundcover,
- Live flamed candles,
- Planting beds at flush markers
Anyone wishing to retrieve personal items placed on cemetery grave lots should do so prior to Friday, May 3, 2019. The annual spring cleanup within the town-owned cemeteries (Centre, Agawam and Long Neck) is scheduled to begin soon thereafter. All items that are not removed by the owners will be disposed of during the town’s landscaping operations.