Elections and Voting


All citizens 18 years of age or older can appear personally at  the Town Clerk's Office to register or call and request a registration form be mailed to their home.  Once the form is completed, one would then mail or hand deliver the form back to our office.   Any changes, i.e. marriage or divorce name change; address change; party change, etc. , can be easily accomplished.

The Help America Vote Act (HAVA) dictates that for all new voters who registered by mail only, must show identification to prove they are the person voting.  Any new voter, registered by mail, can enclose a clear copy of their license with the registration form, or come into the Clerk's Office well before the Town  or State Election and show proof of identification, which would exempt you from doing so on election day.

Acceptable forms of Identification are:

  • Massachusetts License or Identification
  • Lease or Mortgage with person's name and address
  • Letter from your Landlord on his/her letterhead
  • Utility bill with your name and address
  • Government correspondence
  • Bank statement with person's name and address
  • Real Estate Taxes with name and address
  • Excise Tax with name and address